This is my first draft for my contents page. I decided to use the image of my front cover to illustrate the page as well as make it easier for the readers to find the articles that they want from the front page. However, I have also included the features (such as Mute) in the text of the contents page. For the colour scheme I used red (to tie in with the conventions of a red music magazine logo), yellow (because it makes things stand out more and also ties in with my front page as I used a lot of yellow on that) and black (because black is a very common colour for text in magazines). I kept the font style consistent for the main bulk of text but used different styles for the Contents to make it stand out more from the text, and also for the numbers with the arrows to make them also stand out from the black text. I used red not only to make the subtitles more prominent, but also for the page numbers to keep everything linked within the page. The logo of the magazine is included at the top left of the screen as most contents pages that I have analysed have included their mastheads as well as the date and title of contents. Another feature which I have decided to use in my contents page was the editors letter in the contents page. This not only addresses the reader directly but also tells them a bit about what's included in this issue as well as thanking them for buying the magazine. 
Despite being my second final draft for my contents page, I have decided to have it as my final contents page for my music magazine. I changed the colour of the subtitles to white instead of black (the writing in the red boxes) because it looks more aesthetically pleasing and follows the conventions of typical music magazines as it ties in with the colour of the background. Another change I made was including the date at the top of the page because all contents pages have this so therefore, I needed to too. The contents title has been made smaller and positioned next to the masthead of my magazine instead of obscuring it. This allows my masthead to be in full view. However, when I moved the contents title up, I realised that there was a large blank space and seemed to split the page unnecessarily. To prevent this, I just shifted everything up slightly allowing the page to seem more framed by the white background. Overall, I'm happy that my contents page follows the typical conventions found in a music magazine. There would be more than one contents page if this was a real magazine however, because that is what readers expect from music magazines. On the next page I would follow the conventions of including many multiple images from bands / artists featured inside the magazine accompanied with the page number that they can be found upon.
No comments:
Post a Comment