Friday, 9 October 2009

Front Page of a School Magazine































This is a front page of a school magazine (well parent and school) It demonstrates the common conventions of a typical school magazine. Having the masthead, at the top of the page, in large easy to see font. It has a large main image, of a classroom/students who take up the majority of the front page. There are titles of interesting articles which would appeal to both parents and teachers. Also, if you look closely at the bottom left of the cover, you can also see the logo of the sponsors of the magazine. This is something which I have seen for most school/college magazines - probably because the school/college doesn't have the proper funding.

The overall colour scheme involves red, black and white. Also, there is some green writing to empahasise the "Energy Smart" part of schools. I believe this is another headline of an article inside, although, i'm not sure as I would expect a page number or something next to it if it was. The whole cover works well as it has all the ingrediants which we as a consumer expect, BUT, I think that they could improve on the red and black as, to me, it seems to be a little difficult to read easily.

Unfortunately, the image isn't showing up but I did find it from the site below:
Image taken from: http://www.nzpta.org.nz/images/stories/parent-and-school-magazine.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment