[https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjUeeB2zflAHk3XcRYw0_0VuwZGiYf-uNKW6hC1v7nKFljES-8yX6Zv2k1ewEZ-Gwrsk0f_ATOCIywX1r9ZfQBztanQdGI5-E4yC6goi2qnqNCiXdRBd3IlihaeNT7uO8K-Kx5vPwRzgjo/s1600/magImage2.jpg] This is the website where I found this image.NME Magazine shares many conventions with other music magazines. Similarly, it uses a red colour on the masthead of NME as well as on the bottom banner, it also includes a main image which blocks part of the masthead (which is typical in a lot of magazines, mainly because the masthead is supposed to be well-known). There are also banners used, cover lines, smaller images and white-coloured font. The name of the person in the main image is the largest font size (besides the title) which draws more attention to the singer. There are numerous other bands and singers mentioned to attract more audiences who are interested in different music genres. The genre's which I believe NME covers are pop, indie and rock. Finding the price isn't hard as it is easy to see under the title whilst the issue number, date and website can be found near the barcode. For the target audience, I believe NME is trying to appeal to numerous ages because of the variety of old and new music (example: Bowie is considered to be quite old whilst Lily Allen is fairly new to the music world) however, the main target audience is young people (15 - 25 years). The pose appears quite moody and un-smiling which relates more to the typical teenager appearance. There doesn't seem to be anything happy about the magazine or the contents as it even says "I can't keep on living like this, it's doing my head in".
No comments:
Post a Comment