
The above image is one of the drafts that I did after I'd done the below ideas for my double page spread. I thought I'd experiment with having one large image on one side (which can also be used as a poster) and having one side filled with text. In this case, I used the same article throughout all the double pages (of an interview) which presents an informal view of the magazine and of the band. However, the reason why I didn't want to use this as my final double page spread - despite liking the left side of the page - was the large white space in between. I wasn't sure how to fill this in and after debating and experimenting with some smaller images, decided it wouldn't work. The logo of the band is seen clearly at the top of the page which is the same image used on the front cover of my magazine. I kept the colour scheme consistent, using yellow, black and red; Yellow and black to tie in with the colours used in the bands logo, and red to tie in with the conventional red colour associated with music magazines. However, because my band of Mute is the main feature of this issue of the magazine, I would probably have two double page spreads and a poster, which I would probably use the left hand side of this page for.

This is one of my first attempts at creating my double page spread. Originally I had no image beneath the two boys on the left of the page, but then I realised that I'd accidentally erased one of their feet, so I had to cover it up...Therefore, I chose that image because I believe it added more depth to the photos so that they weren't all static. I'm happy with this as my first draft. The type of article I chose to write was an interview with the band members and is informal and relaxed which allow the readers to find it easy-reading as well as being able to relate more to the answers that the band have given. I used black text on white background as it is standard in most magazines, but I also used bold to make the question that the interviewer asked stand out. Not only does this seperate the answers, but it also allows the reader to skip to the question that they're more interested in. To make some quotes stand out, I used red and made the font larger - so even if the reader was only flicking through the pages of the magazine, they could get some idea of what the band are like and also what the article is about. I think I would like to improve this by possibly placing a box around the smaller in-depth image, possibly yellow, as well as placing the magazine's logo of JAM by the page numbers at the bottom of the page. The yellow banner at the bottom of the page also works well as it ties in with the banner on the front cover of the magazine as well as with the logo of the band.
This is my final idea for my double page spread. I altered the box around the smaller image as well as included my magazine's logo with the page numbers at the bottom of the page. I also moved the subtitle which accompanies the boys on the left side of the page further up as I believed that it looked as if it was describing the smaller image.
No comments:
Post a Comment