This is my front cover for my magazine "Wyke Wonders". (Please ignore the grey box around it ... that's not actually part of the magazine!). I'm really pleased with how the front cover has turned out. I did experience some problems with the purple font as, as you can probably see by the "New!", the purple does disappear slightly in her hair. There was also an issue with where to place the main cover stories, but I soon resolved this by asking classmates opinions and experimenting with different positions on photoshop.
I really like the colour scheme that I've used, as I have tried to make the colours vary across the page, for example, there is not one section (discluding the date) which is in one entire colour. The purple is to tie in with the Wyke logo, whilst the white and black are just two colours which I chose because they stood out well against my main image. I varied the font size and style as well as the colours to make it more interesting. The two fonts I chose which are consistent throughout the magazine (as they are included in the contents page) are Rockwell (which is the font for Wyke) and Microsoft Sans Serif (which is the font of "wonders"). The size also adds something else to the front page as I made the more important / interesting titles larger to grab the audience's attention.
There are a few things missing from my front page. Although I was going to put a tagline of "wonder no more ..." I didn't use it in the end as I thought that my masthead (name of magazine) at the top of the page was self-explanatory. I also haven't included a barcode or price as I thought that the magazine would most likely be free for the students/members of Wyke.
My primary audience for this magazine is students attending Wyke College as the language, image and contents of the magazine all appeal to that particular audience. Other members of the College (and anyone else who is interested in Wyke) are the secondary audience my magazine is aimed at.
Overall, I believe that my front page has been successful and I'm pleased with the end result. I did this on Photoshop.
I really like the colour scheme that I've used, as I have tried to make the colours vary across the page, for example, there is not one section (discluding the date) which is in one entire colour. The purple is to tie in with the Wyke logo, whilst the white and black are just two colours which I chose because they stood out well against my main image. I varied the font size and style as well as the colours to make it more interesting. The two fonts I chose which are consistent throughout the magazine (as they are included in the contents page) are Rockwell (which is the font for Wyke) and Microsoft Sans Serif (which is the font of "wonders"). The size also adds something else to the front page as I made the more important / interesting titles larger to grab the audience's attention.
There are a few things missing from my front page. Although I was going to put a tagline of "wonder no more ..." I didn't use it in the end as I thought that my masthead (name of magazine) at the top of the page was self-explanatory. I also haven't included a barcode or price as I thought that the magazine would most likely be free for the students/members of Wyke.
My primary audience for this magazine is students attending Wyke College as the language, image and contents of the magazine all appeal to that particular audience. Other members of the College (and anyone else who is interested in Wyke) are the secondary audience my magazine is aimed at.
Overall, I believe that my front page has been successful and I'm pleased with the end result. I did this on Photoshop.
No comments:
Post a Comment