Thursday, 15 October 2009

Types of stories college/school magazines

There are a variety of topics the magazines of college/school may use. However, all of them will relate to the college/school topics which will be relevant. For example, you wouldn't expect an article on "Dating tips" or "The latest music bands", it'd be expected that articles should be on "How to get A*-C at GCSE" or "The New School Meal" ...
After looking at some magazines in class (the secondary school magazine) I got some ideas for some stories which I could include in my project. Below are some of the titles I'm thinking of using:

  • New Einstein aged 12!
  • Are the new meals really that good?
  • New proposals go underway ...
  • 10 ways to reduce stress!
  • How to solve that 'friend' issue...
  • Simple ways to improve your concentration
  • Does eating sweets help your grade?
  • Will uniform have an impact on learning?

For the titles, I have tried to use ideas which every magazine uses, not only the typical college/school magazines. A lof of the articles have rhetorical questions to intrigue the reader - a simple technique used often. Though I will probably have to come up with some more ideas, I think these are all related to what the magazine should have inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment