Thursday, 10 December 2009

Some Images for my Music Mag

Here are some of the images I took to include in my music magazine. These are all related to the band Mute which my magazine is covering. Unfortunately, one of my male band member's didn't show up on the day I was taking the photos, so I had to use the same male to pose for both the drummer and guitarist. In the double page spread, I'm going say that the two males are twins which will explain why they both look the same. I experimented with tape to help reinforce the band's name: Mute. The members are young to appeal to my target audience of 13 to 20 year olds. Their clothes are trendy and casual to suggest that they are laid back and modern. It also makes them more likeable to the target audience as it shows that they are similar in the way they dress and in their music taste. My main genre of music which JAM Magazine is influenced by is Pop and Indie which are just two of the most popular genres for my target audience. I will edit out the background on Photoshop later on, as I think it looks too busy and doesn't tie in with the effect I want to create. The girl is wearing pink to emphasise her gender and the boys are wearing block colours of black and white to show that they're opposites (similar to ying and yang) and that they're different people. It also suggests that they're not as important as the girl singer as she stands out more because of her colour and is often positioned in front of the boy(s).




I also took some pictures for a friend for her music magazine. So, because I needed to change my image for the artist Spotlight, I decided to use one of those instead. I had the choice from the following below. The one I chose was due to the fact that she was looking directly at the camera (which images on the front page of a magazine do) and also because the overall shape seemed to fit ideally with the corner of my magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment